Rapid Rehousing & Rental Assistance
Having a place to call home is something most people take for granted. For others, it’s often a dream. Our rapid rehousing and tenant-based rental assistance programs can turn these dreams into reality.
LSS programs are designed to provide a number of services that help you gain the skills and confidence for self-sufficiency. Strategies may include housing identification, financial assistance with move-in and rental costs, and case management support services. If you’re struggling with homelessness, our programs can fill the gaps to get your life back on track.
In order to find out if you qualify for services, please reach out to your county Health and Human Services to get started.
Housing Placement and Support Services
Qualified housing participants are provided with assistance in housing identification and placement, as well as rental assistance. LSS partners with counties to provide case management services to assist in person-centered planning to achieve goals and gain independent housing stability. Participants meet with the housing case manager monthly to review and update the plan. The case manager also provides connections to community support services including:
- Employment and job search support
- Transportation opportunities
- Educational support
- Life skills training, including budgeting
- Referrals to community resources including, but not limited to: medical care, mental health services, substance abuse counseling, financial counseling, child care, etc.
Thank you to our partners at Racine Community Foundation for their support.
Transitional Living Program
The Transitional Living Program (TLP) provides services for runaway and homeless youth ages 16-21. With the help of a case manager, you will develop an individualized plan to ensure safe and stable living arrangements through an assessment of needs, life skills training and counseling to begin to make positive life changes. This program helps youth strengthen relationships and expand natural support systems. TLP is a goal-driven program that encourages youth to identify and overcome barriers that lead to self-sufficiency.
706 N. 9th Street, Sheboygan, Wi 53081
920-458-7100, ext. 103
721 Park Street, Manitowoc, Wi 54220
920-682-2816, ext. 104
24-Hour Hotline – Free and Confidential
855-LSS-RAYS or 855-577-7297
To qualify for services youth age 16-21 need to be homeless or residing in unsafe/unstable living arrangements.
- Strength-based solution focused case management
- Explore housing options to move toward safe, stable, living situations
- Individualized goal setting to address skills needed to live independently
- Identify and address barriers to living independently
- Weekly life skills sessions
- Individual and/or family counseling
- Healthy recreational opportunities
- Connection with appropriate community resources
- Aftercare and exit planning
- Limited scattered site apartment assistance available
- Between 16-21 years old
- Homeless or unsafe/unstable living environment
- Safe to live with minimal supervision
- Capable to live independently with gained skills
- Motivated to create positive change
- Willing to follow the program’s guidelines and rules
- FYSB funds are not intended to support youth who are currently in the care of the foster care/child welfare/juvenile justice system or discharged from an institution required to provide or arrange housing upon release
- Individual needs exceed the resources and/or supervision available