Homme Treatment & Outcomes
A Day at Homme
Our programs provide structured daily schedules and activities, sight and sound supervision, individual and group therapy, family therapy when possible, spiritual care if desired, on-campus educational services, and reintegration to the community.
Most importantly, our person-centered philosophy is woven into all of our trauma-informed treatment and supervision. We understand the traumas these young people have experienced, and are always mindful of how trauma colors their experiences and perceptions, even in the safe and supportive environment of Homme. We reach out to each child with this essential empathy to build trust and the capacity for breakthroughs.
Our Treatment Approach
Each of the young people we serve is unique. Our treatment plans and goals are based on objective assessments, including CANS (Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths), and their individual needs. Our multidisciplinary team of trained counselors, therapists, advocates and teachers provides wraparound care through psychiatric, educational, clinical and milieu services that support each youth and family throughout treatment.
- Assessments — psychological and psychiatric — to verify treatment needs
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy treatment services that are trauma-focused
- Special treatment services, such as Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Art Therapy, and juvenile sexual offender treatment
- Sexual abuse and exhibiting sexually reactive behaviors
- Help for male youth who are behind in school and require special education services
- Services that help youth make the transition to adulthood
Youth in our programs enjoy strong treatment outcomes, such as stabilization and educational success, after they’re discharged from Homme.
On average, more than 92 percent of our residents discharged to an optimal placement maintain that placement for at least three months. In addition, the average student attending our onsite Visions School gains a full grade level in reading every six months.