International adoptions from Kyrgyzstan have been re-opened after a four-year suspension. We are one of 11 adoption agencies accredited by the Ministry of Social Development in Kyrgyzstan to find safe and loving families for children in Kyrgyzstan. Although the government of Kyrgyzstan suspended international adoptions due to suspected corruption, we are confident adoptions from Kyrgyzstan are now being processed in an ethical and transparent manner. The United States State Department and the Ministry of Social Development in Kyrgyzstan are working very closely in partnership with US-based adoption agencies to enforce and maintain best practices related to international adoption.
- There must be at least 15 years age difference between adoptive parents and child to be adopted. Preferably, there should be no more than a 45-year age difference between the parents and the child (exceptions can be made for children with special needs)
- Married couples and single women are accepted
- Applicants must clear criminal history and child abuse background checks
- Infants and children ages 18 months and older
- Both boys and girls
- Healthy children and children with a wide range of special needs
A total of three trips:
- First trip: Parents will spend ten days bonding with the child
- Second trip: Parents will spend four to five days in Kyrgyzstan, adoption will be granted in Kyrgyzstan courts
- Third trip: One parent must travel to Kyrgyzstan for 12-14 days to bring the child home. Parent and child will travel to the US Embassy in Kazakhstan for two to three days during this trip to obtain visa and passport of child
- Two to six months from registration in program to referral
Ainura is a Kyrgyzstan adoption guide, and she coordinates all in-country transportation, translation, scheduling of court hearings, and visits to the orphanage in which your child resides.
For More Information
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out our information request form, below. Or, you may contact Val Zegers at (920) 730-1377 or by email at: Valerie.email@example.com.