We work in partnership with Holt International Children’s Services to find loving families for children from China. Holt International Children’s Services is a Hague Accredited Adoption agency and is accredited by the China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA).
- The China program matches girls and boys with minor-moderate physical conditions 18 months-13 years at the time of placement (most families are matched with children under the age of 36 months unless they are specifically requesting an older child).
- We utilize CCCWA's shared list to identify children for matching based on the age, gender, and medical conditions that the family is open to
- Some children are designated to Holt for home finding
- Couples or singles age 30-49 at time of application (no younger than 30 or older than 49 at time of dossier submission in China).
- Couples age 50 and older must be matched with a designated Special Focus child prior to dossier submission.
- Please contact the China program for more details.
Length of Marriage
- Minimum two years marriage
- Minimum five years if either parent has been previously married
- Up to two divorces per spouse considered on a case-by-case basis
Children in Family
- Up to four children
- If you have more than five children, please contact the China program before applying
- 30-49 years.
- No more than two children in the home and youngest child must be older than five at time of application
- Can only be matched with a Special Focus or Waiting Child
- If over 50, no more than 45-year age difference between child and applicant
- Minimum net worth of $100,000 and annual income of $10,000 per family member (including the prospective adoptee)
- Additional requirements for single females who live with a male partner
Travel in Country
- Required for one parent, although travel by both parents is strongly encouraged
If you're interested in exploring adoption a child from China, please fill out the interest form below and someone from our team will be in touch soon.