Lutheran Social Services of
Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
Community Transition Center
Return to Listing
Address:Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls, , Wisconsin
The Community Transition Center is a highly respected community program based in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, serving the correctional system’s probation and pre-sentence bond clients. Recently settled to newly remodeled offices, the center provides a welcoming and convenient downtown location for the clients.
The Community Transition Center has the capacity to serve 190 participants per day, 365 days a year. Participants receive case management, randomized alcohol and drug testing, and a variety of group education experiences to ease and improve the transition into the community.
- Assessment- Trained assessor provides a COMPAS assessment to determine each client’s specific risks and needs. The results aid in determining which components will be the best fit for each client. Over 900 COMPAS assessments are completed annually.
- Full Case Management – meet with a case manager on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to develop pro-social skills; attend Change Readiness group and other groups as indicated by the COMPAS assessment; randomized alcohol or drug testing.
- Groups Only – Designed to provide education and skill development. Referrals are made to specific group(s).
- Testing Only – All referrals are made by the WI Department of Corrections; includes urine and alcohol breath testing, which is scheduled by the program and/or the referral source.
- Community Transition Center also provides management for the following services in Chippewa Falls:
- Court Diversion
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Groups